Expanding Resettlement across Europe: From Policy to Practice
SHARE Network Conference
21-22 October 2019, Brussels
In 2019, Europe will finalize the largest ever EU resettlement programme, welcoming 50,000 resettled refugees to 20 EU countries during the last two years. Many of these refugees are arriving to European cities and towns which are new to resettlement, and local actors and communities are playing a central role in welcoming and supporting them in their new homes. In light of the increasingly polarised debate on migration, it is more important than ever to celebrate and learn from these achievements.
The SHARE Network conference will bring together participants from European regional and local authorities, civil society organisations, refugee-led organisations and refugee leaders, as well as national governments, international organisations and European institutions. The conference will:
- Evaluate the 50,000 EU resettlement scheme and discuss future plans;
- Reflect on lessons learned from welcoming refugees to small-size cities and rural areas;
- Screen the Small Places, Great Hearts SHARE video series;
- Engage participants in thematic break-out groups to discuss promising practices;
- Explore innovative partnerships to local welcome, including community sponsorship;
- Offer an opportunity to advocate for safe and legal pathways and refugee inclusion
ICMC welcomes expressions of interest to attend the conference. Please register your interest here before 20 September 2019.
For more information on the conference, as well as the SHARE Network, please contact Programme Manager Magdalena Boehm: email@example.com.